Preparation of a public document about an important legal fact (verification notarial record or clause) in order to support the certified fact.
During such certification the notary cannot interfere and provide any legal advice. Notary shall not be responsible for the certified action and for the compliance with the law, notary shall only be responsible for correct and precise description of the certified facts. Notary issues in particular the following certificates:
- On the correctness of copies or photocopies of documents (verification) – certification of correspondence of submitted copy or photocopy with the original,
- On the authenticity of signature in a document (authentication) – certification that a person in the presence of the notary or an employee authorised by the notary signed a document or acknowledged a signature in a document to be his or her own signature (authentication does not verify veracity of the facts stated in a document and notary shall not be responsible for legal correctness of such document),
- On submission of a document to the notary, including date,
- On protestation of bills of exchange and cheques – certification of a refusal to accept or to pay a bill of exchange or cheque needed for exercise or preservation of some rights pursuant to the Act No. 191/1950 Coll. on Bills of Exchange and Cheques,
- On the course of general meetings and legal entity meetings – notary certifies that a founding joint-stock company general meeting was held and that decisions of joint-stock company general meeting were adopted (decision on a change of Articles of Association, on increase or decrease of share capital, on authorising board of directors to increase the share capital pursuant to section 210 of the Commercial Code, on issuing of priority bonds or interchangeable bonds, on company dissolution or on a change of a legal form, on approval of a draft of merger or fusion of companies, on approval of a project of dividing a joint-stock company and on the fact that shares issued by a joint-stock company will cease to be listed), certification of a course of establishing meeting of a cooperative, decision by the meeting of members to dissolute the cooperative, decision by the meeting of landowners whose land is about to become a collectively cultivated land, on establishment of a land community and election of bodies of such land community pursuant to Act No. 97/2013 Coll. on land communities and on the course of the meeting of hunting ground owners pursuant to Act. No. 274/2009 Coll. on Hunting,
- On the fact that a certain person is alive,
- Declaration on positive prescription of ownership title of real estate or on positive prescription of a right corresponding to a real burden,
- On fulfilment of conditions stipulated by a special regulation – especially a certificate on compliance with the conditions that apply to relocation of an European joint-stock company seat and the conditions for cross-border merger and cross-border fusion of business companies,
- On other facts – for example certificate on the course of lottery drawing or certificate on submission of a movable property of legal significance,
- On a course of a voluntary auction if required so by Act No. 527/2002 Coll. on voluntary auctions,
- On compliance with conditions for becoming a recipient of a share of paid taxes pursuant to section 50, par. 7 of Act No. 595/2003 Coll. on Income Tax,
- On the course of a lottery game draw pursuant to section 42, par. 2 of Act No. 171/2005 Coll. on Gambling games.